Tuesday 28 August 2007

errr... I think my battery is defective...

from http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=94034&page=1&pp=15

errr... I think my battery is defective... See my sig for my laptop config. NOTE: I have not undervolted anythingThis is whats happening...I was playing Hoyle Board Games 2005 on batteries... and damn does it eat up the battery at 800Mhz (50% CPU Power). I am pretty sure I was playing for less than an hour. So... my laptop unexceptedly went into standby and I was like WTF happened. So, I ran it to the AC adapter and plugged it in quick and turned it back on, to find it was at 5% charge!!! So I shutdown my laptop figuring it would recharge faster without having negative affects on my battery 's charge hold. I went to sleep, woke up in the morning to find that the battery charge light was still on. I have MoblieMeter so i took a look at my battery status/info. My Designed Cap=64500mWh, Fully Charged Cap=59475mWh, and Remaining Wattage=43770mWh. So it still has space to charge!!! (NOTE: before this the Fully Charged Cap=63500 I think) I look at my charge rate and its not charging!!!!! its at 0.00w !!! I take out my AC plug and stick it back in... the charge rate jumps to 29ish watts. Whew i thought.. but after coming back from work (10 hours later) I return to the exact same senario!!! Damn ornage light is still on!!! I have nothing in the USB ports.Any idea whats wrong? any questions? and suggestions... right now I'm just continueally taking out the AC plug and sticking it back in until I get full charge. I've had my Z71V since the end of April.
ASUS Z71V- 1.86 GHz- DDR2 1GB Dual Channel- 60GB HD 5400RPM SATA- DVD-R/RW- Nvidia 6600go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.